POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing realism again : Re: Testing realism again Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing realism again
From: Jaime Vives
Date: 10 Apr 2002 19:41:54
Message: <3CB4CE49.2040304@ignorancia.org>
TinCanMan wrote:
> a read here http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/specrend/

  He he... :) This is one of my many bookmarks about color and light. I
have read a lot of stuff like this when creating my light macro. Not
that I understood much of it, but I at least extracted some asumptions
for personal use. POV-Ray, as the vast majority of renderers, cant' use
directly spectral data, but we can at least use an aproximation for
"proportionality" purposes. My method is really a bad and weird
aproximation, but it is surprisingly realistic in my own tests against
real photos, in terms of color proportions.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org/
La Persistencia de la Ignorancia