POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing realism again : Re: Testing realism again Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing realism again
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 9 Apr 2002 15:35:54
Message: <3CB342FF.7A2048E9@unforgettable.com>
Hugo wrote:

> I used focal blur with 30 samples, but the anti-aliasing between red and
> grey is not as good as the photo, while the shadows look pretty much the
> same.. Do you have any idea why?

I'd just chalk it up to differences in media.

You might try rendering at a large size, then post-processing the image
with a blur and then downscaling to the correct size; I don't imagine
this image takes too long to render.

Also, the red thing in the photo seems to reflect more than the one in
your scene; perhaps with some tweaking in that direction, the edges
would soften out a bit.

-Xplo