POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV pipes : POV pipes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  POV pipes
From: Fabien HENON
Date: 8 Apr 2002 17:36:13
Message: <3CB20C6A.7080705@club-internet.fr>
I am writing an editor for POV that can fire up raytraces.

It is written with Tkinter (a GUI for Python).
I have been stuck for a week with a problem and can't get over it.
I asked a python newsgroup, but they were not able to help me.
I think the problem comes from the way POV outputs both the rendered
line to the console and the raytraced image.
After the raytrace, there is still another output about the stats.

With the command below I can only get the credits as though I do a mere
"x-povray". I don't get any picture.
Is there someone out there who can tell me how POV pipes its streams?
(pipe in, pipe out, pipe err,....)

Thanks
Here is the code

cmd= "/bin/sh x-povray +i/mnt/win_c/image/pov/7.pov +w320 +h240 -f +dgt"

pin,pout,perr=popen2.popen3(cmd) # three pipes are generated
				#  from this command

pipe_out=pout.readlines()      # this is the output

self.text.insert('end',pipe_out) # redirect the output to the Tkinter 						#
application