POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: StereoPOV 0.1 : Re: Announce: StereoPOV 0.1 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: StereoPOV 0.1
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 8 Apr 2002 10:20:03
Message: <3CB1A712.AAA5361E@free.fr>
> Could this be extended to speed the rendering of fly-throughs of static
> (or near static) scenes?  Rather than two slightly different views of a
> scene, an arbitrary number, each slightly different than the one before?

	This is somewhat what I did to simulate a camera motion blur effect
(that is: the camera is moving with its simulated shutter open for a while) in
my yet-another-not-so-useful-patch-of-POV  ;o)  There the camera is slightly
displaced according to a linear vector, as well as its look_at vector.  The
requested number of frames are averaged on a pixel basis to try speeding up the
whole image calculation, pretty much how focal blur works.

	So the answer is most probably "yes" in this case.

	BTW, that's an interesting y-a-n-s-u-p-o-P  :o)

	- N.C.