POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: StereoPOV 0.1 : Re: Announce: StereoPOV 0.1 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: StereoPOV 0.1
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 8 Apr 2002 09:18:00
Message: <3CB19A19.6000001@alphalink.X.remove.this.X.com.au>

> Some weeks ago I told you that I have been working on a patch
> for tracing stereoscopic images with POV-Ray. I asked, if there
> were interest. There was, and several people contacted me via
> email too. So I made an unofficial POV-Ray Version out of my patch.

Could this be extended to speed the rendering of fly-throughs of static
(or near static) scenes?  Rather than two slightly different views of a
scene, an arbitrary number, each slightly different than the one before?
  Or would it only be useful where every frame is shot from a fairly
similar perspective, rather than simply being similar to the preceeding one?