POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evil Snoman Posse : Evil Snoman Posse Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Evil Snoman Posse
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 Apr 2002 18:05:39
Message: <3CB0C300.17613CBA@unforgettable.com>
If that subject doesn't attract readers, I'll be sorely disappointed.

A little while back I decided to pull some old unfinished projects off
of the back burner and finish them up so I could post them on my site.
This was one of them, sort of; it features a remodel of the snowman that
appeared in the first real scene I made with POV-Ray, presented in
glass, ceramic, and metal versions.

Both photons and radiosity were used; I created the maps separately and
then loaded them both when doing the final render. This isn't as
accurate as generating radiosity and photons at the same time would be,
but based on early experiments with this model using radiosity and
photons, I suspect that it was much faster.

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'snoman-c.jpg' (53 KB)