POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AWSOME ROLEX WATCH! : Re: AWSOME ROLEX WATCH! Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AWSOME ROLEX WATCH!
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 Apr 2002 05:06:49
Message: <3CB00C89.45E37A50@unforgettable.com>
Nicholas DePetrillo wrote:

> This watch was made over a period of 4 days! while i was postign and
> discussing my ocean scenes!
> Anyway i was given a nice watch just liek this 3 days ago and started to try
> to make it in a modeling program but couldnt get it right 9those stupid
> modeling programs liek moray are shit! they cant do crap ya know!) andywa i
> looekd to my old friend math for helpo and what do ya knowl...Look what i
> made! he he he!
>
> The inside texture is made in photoshoip after my real watch!
>
> TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND IF I HAVE A FUTURE IN POV RAY REALISM?

You might, but you should probably start using POV-Ray first.

If you didn't use modeling software to make this, then what did you use?
CSG? Isosurfaces? Did you calculate mesh coordinates in your head? I
don't buy it. Furthermore, while it's technically possible to make this
picture in POV-Ray, the reflections on the metal band don't appear to
come from anywhere, which is very un-POV-like.

Also, according to the Internet Law of Duck Resemblance, since you spell
like an semiliterate moron, you must be one. A semiliterate moron could
not, IMO, have created this image.

What strikes me as particularly odd about this is the AWSUM ROLEX! reference.

-Xplo