POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Anti-aliasing : Re: Anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing
From: Jaime Vives
Date: 5 Apr 2002 02:46:39
Message: <3CAD56D9.8000301@ignorancia.org>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> Jaime Vives wrote:
>
>>(still, I can't get such good results even using the gaussian blur on
>>"The Gimp"... he surely cheated even more! ;).
>>

> I tried both Gaussian filters in Gimp and can't get good results.

   Yes, results with the Gimp are only a bit better than +a0.0. Anyhow,
I will surely never use such technique, mostly because more detail on my
images usually helps to make my mistakes more visible... :(

> Use Photoshop :)

   Well, I don't have a valid plataform... ;) Also, it's perhaps
excessive for my little use of such programs... since I now use internal
height_fields and rarely use image_maps, I mostly use the Gimp to put my
sig and to convert to jpg.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org/