POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh-Modelling-Macros WIP : Re: Mesh-Modelling-Macros WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh-Modelling-Macros WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 3 Apr 2002 23:51:46
Message: <3CABDBF4.3BAD1C70@gmx.de>
> will you add also some other spline types?

Well, probably not. Most of the splines are pretty
much taken care of with the POV-implemented
ones, and I find "my" spline very easy to visualize
in my mind. So that's the reason why I use it.

> BTW: is your gerbera finished? What do you do with it? Any full scene
> rendered yet?

Nope, the Gerberer is not yet finished. I need to implement
a "thickening" macro to make the petals some tiny fraction
thicker, in order to add some scattering-media effects. Then
I've got to tweak the textures.
You'll see some results pretty soon, at least I hope so. Don't
worry, I'll post them here, I just don't have that much time...

The lathe-mesh was implemented in order to model
a vase for the Gerberer later on, so the entire Work is
just being done in different spots at the same time... ;-)

--
Tim Nikias