POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : failed IRTC particle sparks (387kb mpg) : Re: failed IRTC particle sparks (387kb mpg) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: failed IRTC particle sparks (387kb mpg)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 3 Apr 2002 18:05:42
Message: <3CAB8AF3.2F1BEB6A@yahoo.com.au>
Rune wrote:

> That looks great!

Thanks!

> Besides the scaled media sphere particles it looks like you also have a big
> turbulated media sphere in the middle. Don't you? In a few of the frames,
> this sphere seems to be visible intersecting the gray box, and that doesn't
> look quite right.

Yes, there is a big media sphere there. I also agree that it intersects the box
in odd ways too. Perfection is just too darned hard to achieve :-). I would never
have been able to fix this _and_ get everything else done that I had planned, so
I cut my losses and decided to move onto other interesting animation ideas.

> Anyway, I've tried making particle sparks myself before, but have failed to
> make it look good. This animation should provide the needed inspiration! :)
> I already have support for the faked motion blur, so it really should be
> just a matter of tweaking the media to look right, which however no doubt is
> a bit tricky.

Not tricky, just time consuming :-)

MJL