POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Anti-aliasing : Re: Anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing
From: Jaime Vives
Date: 2 Apr 2002 10:16:09
Message: <3CA9CBAC.8000600@ignorancia.org>
Warp wrote:

> Kari Kivisalo <pro### [at] luxlabcom> wrote:

>>Resizing is allowed.
>>

>   My statement still holds.

   Hmmm... I think the problem is not "resizing". Altough today paint
programs can resize much better, only resizing doesn't gives so good
results, at least not much better than +a0.0. The "artifact" or "moire"
removing step is done with the previous gaussian filter, and *this is*
postprocesing, not the resizing. IMHO, resizing only must be still
allowed, but perhaps has not much sense today, as there are no
resolution limits for the image (I think this rule was created to allow
people to fit the maximum resolution allowed at that time).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org/
La Persistencia de la Ignorancia