POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation Project WIP : Re: Vegetation Project WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation Project WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Mar 2002 08:53:00
Message: <3CA32044.8202F02F@gmx.de>
> Have you heard of Terraform (http://terraform.sourceforge.net), a Linux
> landscape heightfield generator which can render straight to POV?

Nope, and since I'm not using Linux, I'll probably never (at least
not in the near future) be able to use Terraform.

> Your vegetation would be excellent if combined with a heightfield from
> Terraform.

That may be. Though I do think, that a lot can be achieved when using
correct textures and vegetation (plant selection) - because almost
any heightfield may be found to be similiar to something in real life - you
can
get very good results with any heightfield if you use it correctly.

--
Tim Nikias