POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation Project WIP : Re: Vegetation Project WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:34:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation Project WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Mar 2002 07:24:44
Message: <3CA30B94.C5E124D6@gmx.de>
> Have you seen the "vegetate" include file at
> http://www.geocities.com/Rengaw03/povray.html ?

Nope, but I've just taken a look at it. Its "merely" a
program which uses trace() to spread objects on
other objects, though with collision-detection (spacing
between placed objects). That is something I'll program
as well, true, but the Vegetation Package should come
along with some mesh- and object-macros to create
trees, grass, flowers etc. Just everything you would need
to convert a height-field into a landscape.

--
Tim Nikias