POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation Project WIP : Re: Vegetation Project WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation Project WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Mar 2002 16:34:01
Message: <3CA23AD1.77E994BD@gmx.de>
> Wow! That's very nice looking!

Thanks!

> If only we could see the plants better - well
> I don't mind the current view, surely, but when you say 20 MB there has to
> be some hidden details..

Not much detail, but I'll trace a single patch and show you in a few
minutes...

> Keep us updated on this project!  :o)

I will.

> Especially I
> like the fact that it's pure POV, not imported from some other program. This
> will make things more flexible I believe. (If you're trying to make a useful
> set of macros to the public)... ;o)

Yeah, POV=flexibility! And though I do plan on making the vegetation
package public someday, I'm not sure if it will actually be used...
Perhaps I'll begin with spreading them in series, so when this grass
is finished, I'll make it downloadable from my homepage...

--
Tim Nikias