POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : eye test (~50k jpg) : Re: eye test (~50k jpg) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eye test (~50k jpg)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 26 Mar 2002 00:52:26
Message: <3CA00CE0.82A9849E@unforgettable.com>
Ross Litscher wrote:

> does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the white part more
> glassy/gooey looking? currently there is a partially reflective partially
> transparent, kinda bumpy sphere over it all. it made the color part look
> glassy, but not the white.

Eyes aren't normally very bumpy, except for the lens part on the front,
which is only one bump anyway...

I had what I thought was a pretty good one a while back, don't remember
if I ever posted code for it or not. I used two turbulated radial
patterns to do the blood vessels, and another pattern on top of that to
make the blood disappear closer to the pupil (or something liek that)...
As for the finish, try using faint variable reflection on the eyeball to
give it a glossy look (this works for ceramic mugs, too, but I digress),
and don't forget to put other things in the scene for the eye to
reflect! (..or else you won't see the reflection and all the white being
reflected will just wash out the edges without really contributing to
the scene). My eye also had a fleshy coating which might have helped the
effect by providing a contrasting finish; whether this is possible or
practical in our case I have no idea.

-Xplo