POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture overriding? : Texture overriding? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Texture overriding?
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 21 Mar 2002 11:57:23
Message: <3C9A12CD.B576E30A@ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us>
Is it possible to override the phong or other characteristic of a
texture from an include file?  Say for instance I wanted to reduce the
default reflectivity of a polished marble texture -- could I simply:

#include "stones.inc" (at top of pov file, of course)

[...]

object { whatever texture { T_Stone8 phong 0.001 scale 0.08 } }

just as an example?

Or would I have to copy in the relevant lines from the textures.inc file
and make the modifications needed there? (And I guess re-declare the
texture with a different name to avoid confusion?)

TIA,
Mark