POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quilts or restraints? : Re: Quilts or restraints? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quilts or restraints?
From: Bob Franke
Date: 19 Mar 2002 19:44:01
Message: <3C97DB69.6A8B793D@hotmail.com>
"Sir Charles W. Shults III" wrote:

> > Just on the edges it needs som work so that it is bent around the poles?
>
>     Yes, that has been gnawing at me a bit.I'll probably experiment a little
> with superellipsoids there, but I can visualize that something unwanted will
> happen, like the fence turning into "straps" as it goes around the corner.
> But I have an idea now that I think of this, that might do the trick.
>     Tinkering time.

Looks pretty good, but there is no need to make it wrap aroung the pole.  See
below.
Bob
[Image]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB) Download 'c:\windows\temp\nsmail04.jpeg.jpg' (24 KB)

Preview of image 'c:\windows\temp\nsmail04.jpeg.jpg'
c:\windows\temp\nsmail04.jpeg.jpg