POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gerbera Take 2 : Re: Gerbera Take 2 Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gerbera Take 2
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Mar 2002 15:47:13
Message: <3C97A3CA.AE7DC392@gmx.de>

> Very nice!

Thanks!

> IMO the leaves look a bit stiff. Some wrinkles and irregularities might
> help?

I know, I'm yet on infant stages with the macros for the mesh-
generation. I want to have a macro which adds some irregularities,
but I also want to use slightly different bezier-splines for
each petal. In addition, I'm not yet using four splines for
right-, left-, top- and bottomside, but only two: top- and leftside.
The mesh is then mirrored to create a two-half-petal. Using
slighlty different splines for each side would add to some
natural turbulences.

> Oh dear, texturing! Don't remind me .-)

Have you already done flowers? I know of your infamous
ferns, but IMO leaves and petals are totally different matters,
texturing-wise seen.

--
Tim Nikias