POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NURBS surface (22 KB) : NURBS surface (22 KB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  NURBS surface (22 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 Mar 2002 17:56:52
Message: <3C966F97.6D011C37@hotmail.com>
- as 50x50x2 = 500 triangles in a mesh2{} shape.

This image is a result from some experiments I
have done recently with functions in POV-Ray
v3.5.

The shape is made by a call to 2 macros:

One macro that builds NURBS functions and one
that takes 3 such functions as parameters and
generates a mesh from them.

This is how these macros; ParametricMesh() and
NURBS_Surface_Fn() can be called in order to
make this shape:

object {
  ParametricMesh(
    NURBS_Surface_Fn(Order, Knots, Points, Weights, x),
    NURBS_Surface_Fn(Order, Knots, Points, Weights, y),
    NURBS_Surface_Fn(Order, Knots, Points, Weights, z),
    <0.01, 0.01>, <2.00, 2.00>, 50*<1, 1>
  )
  texture { ... }
}

(The Knots, Points and Weights parameters are
arrays containing the vital information for
the NURBS.)

Here are some statistics:

1 GHz Pentium 3:

Parsing time: 9 sec
Rendering time: 4 sec

100 MHz Pentium:

Parsing time: 1 min 40 sec
Rendering time: 1 min 5 sec

Now I'll go and make sure that my macros
REALLY works as they should and try to find
out how to make the macros generate smaller
functions.

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: