POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Platonic solids 140kbbu : Re: Platonic solids 140kbbu Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic solids 140kbbu
From: Deaken
Date: 17 Mar 2002 04:42:03
Message: <3C946598.C383FF5@sw-tech.com>
Brendan Ryan wrote:

> Deaken wrote:
> >
> > Brendan Ryan wrote:
> > >
> > > I got coordinates for the Platonic solids from the web site mentioned in
> > > p.g.:
> > > http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/polyhedra/
> >
> > Hey, that's exactly where I got mine from.  :)
>
> Herman's web site should help with getting coordinates for other
> polyhedra.

I probably have that bookmarked somewhere.  I was all over the place looking
for coordinates I could actually use.

> > I basically used P and I, as in Paul Bourke's pages.  Wanna compare code?
> > Drop me an email.
>
> Sent.

Thanks.  I'll dig up my code later and compare it (and, of course, shoot you
a copy).  From what I've seen, though, yours looks a lot simpler than mine.
I DO tend to overwork things.

> > I really like the texture on the cube and on the dodecahedron.
> >

> Thanks, I thought that they were simplistic.

Not mutually exclusive.  :)

Deaken