POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 2 (99kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Mar 2002 13:00:36
Message: <3C938844.2E389DBB@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> I completely rewrote the textures, and I think it looks nice at a distance
> now, but I'm still not sure it's quite right up close. I did make the
> crackle pattern much smaller, but also moved the camera closer to the ground
> so that it is now at eye-level.
>
> Kevin, thanks for your sky code, but I ended up making my own from scratch,
> as I wanted something a bit faster. The clouds seen in this image are made
> of four textured planes, so it renders quite fast.
>
> Any comments?

It looks nice i think, how did you create the heightfield?

The medium range mountains seem a bit smooth to me, probably because the
heightfield resolution is limited.  Maybe use some additional normal for
roughness.

There will be a problem BTW: As soon as 'Al' walks in the foreground his
shadow will reveal the trick with the normal. ;-)

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Mar. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______