POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Platonic solids 140kbbu : Re: Platonic solids 140kbbu Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platonic solids 140kbbu
From: Herman Serras
Date: 16 Mar 2002 12:07:57
Message: <3C937C50.D0181FB6@pandora.be>
Hello,

If you want to read something about how the coodinates of the vertices
of a dodecahedron and icosahedron can be obtained starting from a cube:
take a look at some of my pages.
http://cage.rug.ac.be/~hs/
In this way one can see how the golden number/golden section occur in
those two solids.
A number of pictures are produced using POVRAY.
But P. Bourke has done a very interesting work in publishing the data
for people who aren't very interested in the mathematics behind those
polyhdra, and like their beauty!
I agree that I don't have such nice textures! I'd liked to learn more
about the possibilies of POVRAY!

Herman Serras

--
Herman Serras