POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fakecloud : fakecloud Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  fakecloud
From: Abe
Date: 13 Mar 2002 20:59:34
Message: <3C9003B4.8A5EBEAA@taconic.net>
...based on an approach by Vahur Krouverk for fake lightsourced clouds.

I thought I'd share this even though it's not very big and only backed
up by very messy code. Also, it is slower than media and not really as
pretty - I think I'm on to something here. It is a pigment done with
functions (no normals or displacements) applied to a large sky dome. (I
am _very_ grateful for the inclusion of functions in POV 3.5 and look
forward some day to a full shading language).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fakecloud.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'fakecloud.jpg'