POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: IsoCSG include file 0.2.1 : Re: Announce: IsoCSG include file 0.2.1 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: IsoCSG include file 0.2.1
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Mar 2002 10:28:04
Message: <3C8F7004.C189E475@gmx.de>

> [...]
>
> Can I have feature request ?
> I think it could be interesting to somehow add automatic calculation of
> bounding/container box.
> [...]
> Was this proposition understable ?

Yes, but i'm not sure if i will add this, you won't be able to declare
things like:

#declare fn_1=IC_BBox(-1, 1)

And this would lead to a lot of confusion i think.  I might add some
global variables to manage the relevant extends of each macro call.  This
way you could easily design the function as now and just use these global
variables in the 'contained_by{}' statement afterwards (or i could provide
a 'Create_Container()' macro doing this automatically).

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Mar. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______