POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) : Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:34:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Mar 2002 16:44:52
Message: <3C8D2574.E099651@gmx.de>

> Heh, I see now that I was indeed confused by the rotating camera. At closer
> inspection your centrifugal force seem to work very nicely. Gee, what I've
> been saying must have been a bit confusing then... ;)

Yup. Good that we've cleaned up the mess by now... ;-)

> [...]
> Maybe this is alrady how you're doing it - it's a bit difficult to tell from
> the animation. I just heard you talk about vcross functions and the like in
> povray.advanced-users, which seems not to be nesesary to calculate a
> centrifugal force.

Well, I'm actually calculating the normal on the movement-path,
so that vcross-stuff is necessary. You're idea sounds interesting,
I've never thought of that. Should be pretty easy to implement...
Expect some animations concerned with inertia and the like
in a few days...

> Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thanks, I will.

--