POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : n-body system : Re: n-body system Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: n-body system
From: Matti Raitoharju
Date: 11 Mar 2002 16:07:16
Message: <3C8D1CD8.4042561E@dlc.fi>
Dave Brickell wrote:

> I do agree with yourself and Jamie, however for the purposes of a simulation
> you can set it to be zero at a finite point. I know it is not strictly
> correct, but we are not planning to launch a shuttle mission from the data
> *g*
>
> I am just interested to see if it is possible and what the outcome would be.

I think that can't be done. Because the point where gravitational force
becames zero should be set so far that no particles would escape from
system, otherwise the system will probably lose all particles (at least
from sight if camera is looking at fixed position). And intuitively I
think that limit should be so far that it wouldn't help any in speed.

This is just i feel thingie, tell me if I am wrong.

Matti