POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) : Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 11 Mar 2002 14:20:23
Message: <3C8D038E.5898C01C@gmx.de>
I think I know what you're going for. You mean,
instead of taking the path the emitter takes,
I should...
Hm, what actually? Calculate the direction
its heading and move particles... Where?

I don't understand the algorithmic side of
this, so I don't really grasp what you're after.

I'm taking the path and calculate its possible
inertia, though not yet in proportion to the
actual speed, or curvature. Is it that what annoys
you, or just irritates you?

Tell me how you'd calculate that on a non I/O-System,
or how you do with I/O (I think, I first need to understand
what you actually mean, before I can implement it, eh? ;-)

Also, the tube doesn't rotate, its the camera around the
tube that's rotating. I'm about to make some adjustments
to the code, I'll post a new animation with still standing
camera then, okay? Perhaps that makes it all less
confusing.

--
Tim Nikias