POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Linux] shell-out substitutions : Re: [Linux] shell-out substitutions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Linux] shell-out substitutions
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 11 Mar 2002 14:02:46
Message: <3C8CFFFB.1050708@gmx.net>
Theo wrote:

> Input_File_Name = reindert.pov
> Output_File_Type = N
> Output_File_Name = images/%s
> Initial_Frame = 001
> Final_Frame   = 100
> Post_Scene_Command = convert images/%s*.png %s.mpg
>
> then PovRay generates files like:
>
> images/%s001.png
> images/%s002.png
>
> while I expect this:
>
> images/reindert001.png
> images/reindert002.png

It isn't possible and doesn't make sense to use such substitutions in another
parameter than "..._Command"!

> Then, when I try to debug this, the following line gives a segmentation
> fault:
>
> Output_File_Name = images/%o %s %n
Confirmed. It occurs when using more than one of the substitutions:

%o OK
%s OK
%n OK
%o%s NO
%o%n NO
%s%n NO
%o%x OK!
It seems to be a problem of these substitutions, because %o%x works
correctly (%x is no substitution).

Felix Wiemann

(Beta 12, SuSE Linux 7.3, P3 600, 128 MB)