POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How do you want your eggs today ? [78Kbu] : Re: How do you want your eggs today ? [78Kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you want your eggs today ? [78Kbu]
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 11 Mar 2002 07:33:42
Message: <3C8CA43A.51F17301@atosorigin.com>

> Do you plan uv-mapping support?

No.
I do not like UV-mapping and I do not want to perform more math
to get a metric along the 2D curve. (a first though makes me believe
I would have to resolve an integral of 3 parts, with the middle part depending
on the parameters... a projection mapping might be worth consideration nevertheless,
so you could have UV mapping if you really want afterall...)
Moreover, my version of pov does not have UV installed anyway!