POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) : Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 10 Mar 2002 17:56:48
Message: <3C8BE4CE.6D6F078B@gmx.de>

> That's a nice effect!

Thanks!

> However, I'm not sure what the purpose of the metal tube is. Is it supposed
> to be a real object or just a visualizasion of the path that the white glow
> is taking? Is it the tube that's the emitter or is it the white glow? If the
> tube is the emitter, then what is the white glow, and if the white glow is
> the emitter, then what is the tube? Maybe you could take basis in some
> example from real life.

Well, okay. The white glow emits the particles.
The glow moves along the silver tube, which is there
for visualization. The camera rotates around the scene to
show more clearly how the particles fly.

> If the white glow is the emitter, then there might be a flaw in the inertia
> design of the particles, because then inertia should have effect for all
> movements of the white glow, not just the global rotation.

I don't know if I understand these sentences. What the
system did was to calculate in which direction the
centrifugal-force would go, given a large enough speed.
This direction is in no means proportional to any actual
speed (yet), but just normalized and used for the
particles to fly somewhere.

> I'm not sure I exaplin very well what I mean, but it would be easier if you
> took basis in some situation from real life.

Take a glass of water, drive a car, open the window, and hold
the glass outside. When driving through a curve, the water
might drift off outwards.
Sadly, glasses of water aren't easily created with particles.
But for the Release I'll come up with a better example,
I promise! ;-)

--
Tim Nikias