POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Where did "Rendering frame X of Y" go? : Re: Where did "Rendering frame X of Y" go? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where did "Rendering frame X of Y" go?
From: andrel linnenbank
Date: 9 Mar 2002 19:11:59
Message: <3C8AA447.97947D72@amc.uva.nl>
Rune wrote:

> "andrel linnenbank" wrote:
> > When in the middle of a render you just have to
> > wait till the current frame is finished and not
> > blink at that moment, otherwise you have another
> > frame to wait :)
> > Or you just look in the directory the output is
> > going to, to see which frame is currently rendering.
>
> Those things are not useful when you are debugging a scene and need to know
> for which frame some info was written in the debug stream.

I know. It is just that yesterday I spend too many minutes looking
at the status bar in the middle of generating a small animation and
estimating if it would finish before I had to leave.
I blinked once and was distracted another time. Later I
realized that I could find what I needed in the filesystem.
You are right that it is not helpfull during debugging.