POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How do you want your eggs today ? [78Kbu] : Re: How do you want your eggs today ? [78Kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you want your eggs today ? [78Kbu]
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 9 Mar 2002 15:05:35
Message: <3C8A6B5E.61D50C58@iro.umontreal.ca>
L'Harmonieux Forgeron wrote:

> Just trying a new object: ovus.
> It's just a pair of spheres with the right glue...
>
> Thanks to geometry description found at
> http://chronomath.irem.univ-mrs.fr/Courbes/ovale.html
> --
> Non Sine Numine
> http://grimbert.cjb.net/
> Etiquette is for those with no breeding;
> fashion for those with no taste.

>  [Image]

...Nice...

This page gives a generalized "egg" formula:
http://www.2dcurves.com/quartic/quartice.html

form.

A little toying with mathematica gives the
attached picture of an egg, with a=1/4 and b=7/5.

(I also wrote a Mathematica fonction that takes in
mathematica Graphics and converts it to mesh)

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. candidate
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topic: data compression
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'egg.wmf.dat' (328 KB)