POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First example of my HF macros : Re: First example of my HF macros Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:12:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First example of my HF macros
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 7 Mar 2002 19:18:26
Message: <3C880109.5279D10A@hotmail.com>
Hugo wrote:

> You're obviously an expert, Tor!!  :o)

Hehe, I think not.

I have just re-studied some of the math
stuff I learned back at the gymnasium
(high school ?).

Back then I did not understand the power
of the basic 3D math we were taught.

And we did not have POV-Ray and today's
powerful computers =(

> It's good we have people like you
> here in the newsgroups. I appreciate all the math that has already been
> coded into Pov and the great macros you people make. My contributions are
> not really fancy in terms of demonstrating math.. I just tried to make a
> tool that is easy to model with.. And for once, I feel I got further than
> any prior attempts.. :o)  That makes my day, as people say.. But I'm not
> finished. :o)

Thank you for sharing your mesh ideas Hugo.

Your's and Shay's sample scenes increased
my interest for parametric and mesh surfaces.

If you guys hadn't started your mesh
discussions, I would probably not have
thought of "meshyfying" my parametric
surfaces.