POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Wind Algorithm Example [MPEG, 60kb] : Re: Wind Algorithm Example [MPEG, 60kb] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wind Algorithm Example [MPEG, 60kb]
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Mar 2002 11:04:00
Message: <3C878F8B.9FD9242D@gmx.de>
It can interact with a wall, but only to a certain degree.

You can actually set up a bounding box around the
particles, and particles will stay in that area (or, if
desired, rebounce physically correct and
error-proof, as there is no timestepping or frame-by-
frame calculation: thus the long parsing times).

But that's about it, sadly. I'm not that experienced  yet
as to implement better physics, and I also don't have
the knowledge required for the physics.

But someday...

And, by the way, thanks for your "awesome"! ;-)

--
Tim Nikias