POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted : Re: proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Mar 2002 07:40:12
Message: <3C875FAC.A23F35BF@gmx.de>

> > Does this make sense somehow?
>
> Yes for me.
> And I must say I have it implemented too, but I never named it "caching".
> I prepare my function in two steps. At first create apriopriate function. At
> second I create function image to eliminate diskrete characteristic and speed
> isosurface creation.

This is not exactly what i meant, my method would also work in 3d and not
only with 2d image maps and as said it would avoid calculating the whole
grid in advance.  Furthermore you could have adaptive grid stepping.

Just imagine an object with a very slow 3d (not uv-mapped) pattern
pigment.  You could create a df3 from the pattern and use it, but this
would be extremely large with high resolution and you would have all the
values inside and outside the object where they are not needed.  The
described method would be very suited for this.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,