POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] : Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Mar 2002 11:06:32
Message: <3C863E88.66E330D5@gmx.de>

> [...]
>
> This set of macros (I call it for now a "plant-creation toolkit") can be
> used to create plants in general. I know there are a lot of macros available
> to create trees, grass or similar. However, I like to WRITE the code and
> MODEL manually rather than just USING macros or using some 2nd, 3rd or 4th
> party products. You may call me crazy ;-)

No, but if you want others to use your toolkit too you should take care of
making it easy to use and write some documentation, if people need to dig
through the whole code to customize the parameters there won't be many who
will use it.

And even if you write things yourself it's often useful to have a look at
similar tools that have previously been made.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,