POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media Bug (no media, only black objects appear) : Re: Media Bug (no media, only black objects appear) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Bug (no media, only black objects appear)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 17 Mar 2002 06:08:48
Message: <3C80B2E6.D5D0255C@gmx.de>
Okay, I've found that the macros shouldn't leak
anywhere. As mentioned in some bug-report
with leaking macros, I've put the brackets
( ) around the returned parameters and checked
if there are possibilities for side-effects.

I've also found the objects aren't black, but just
eradicate everything in the line of sight, making
the background visible. When using background{rgb x}
the missing media are red.
When using a sky-sphere, the sky-spheres pigment
is visible.
When placing another object behind the media
particles, that one is also rendered invisible, but
that already happened with the mesh, just another
backup test.

I've posted a small image to p.b.i. so that you can see
one of the more curious effects:
The media is visible in front of the sky-sphere,
but renders the mesh invisible.

--
Tim Nikias