POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media Bug (no media, only black objects appear) : Re: Media Bug (no media, only black objects appear) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Bug (no media, only black objects appear)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 16 Mar 2002 21:21:57
Message: <3C80376B.6117A818@gmx.de>
Ok, the bug also occurs in Beta 12.

I've also tried using 100% filter instead of transparency
(rgbt <0,0,0,1>, rgbt 1, rgbf 1, rgbf <0,0,0,1>), no
apparent change.
When changing some settings(rgbt, object/macro/blob)
the frequency and order of the four "bug-types" seem
to change, but still, its all just random.

Oh, but when not using a media around all particles,
they also disappear in bunches or one by one, not
only all-or-none.

So, since I gather that there are some problems occuring
with macros, I'll look into the dozens I'm using and check
if I can make a change there.

For now, it's getting too late for me.

But I'm confident that someone will:
-confirm
-point me to the actual bug (like "typical macro-bug" or such)
-and finally, some genius will find either a roundabout way,
 or a solution.

Generally, I just want to say that, though some people
do get annoyed by bugs, I know that this is beta-testing,
and I'm actually more proud of being able to find a bug,
so that I can contribute to the work of the actual developers.

I'm just doing my tiny work of giving them the chance to make a
superb raytracer, so I'm not complaining.

After all, the P in POVRay stands for Patience.
V is for Victory, but that always comes after Patience.

--
Tim Nikias