POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory limit in 3.5 ? : Re: Memory limit in 3.5 ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory limit in 3.5 ?
From: Thomas
Date: 1 Mar 2002 12:13:33
Message: <3C7FB6B9.BA754B6B@gmx.net>
> I just tested megapov 0.7 on a SGI PowerChallenge and it worked (including
> radiosity) with gcc after some experiments with the compiler options.
>
> Numbers in text output were wrong and it crashed after the render but the
> image was generated.
>
> I don't know much about 64 bit systems, but 3.1 is used quite often on
> them so i don't think there are serious problems.  3.5 will of course have
> to be tested in that concern, but i think it is already proved to be
> running some platforms.

Are you sure that you are running 64 bit? I've seen the weird numbers at the end as
well, sp probably you are. Maybe it has something to do with the size of pointers and
integers and stuff like that. As I understand that might be different on certain
platforms.

And as I said I tried pov 3.1 and not megapov and since there are changes in the
radiosity that might account for the difference as well.

Thomas