POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fourier-Isosurfaces : Re: Fourier-Isosurfaces Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fourier-Isosurfaces
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 26 Feb 2002 19:56:49
Message: <3C7C2EC4.7E76E2D9@interlog.com>
Thies Heidecke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently experimenting with Fourier-Series as isosurface-functions.

Does this imply the possibility of applying DSP techniques like band-pass
filtering and convolution to the output data sets?  I have no problem with
this in the 1-D and 2-D world so shall I assume that we could, given
sufficient memory and CPU, be able to form spatially smoothed objects by using
a low-pass digital filter to the output from the fourier transform?

Dennis