POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Garden for My Lady : Re: A Garden for My Lady Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Garden for My Lady
From: Ben Birdsey
Date: 25 Feb 2002 16:49:47
Message: <3C7AB2D3.B74D3197@mail.com>
Mick -

It looks like you are going for "fantasy painting" or "magical reality"
imagery.  In this case, I think the color saturation and lack of shadows
look pretty cool.

Like many people, my biggest issue is with scale.  If your lady were to
walk over to the bridge or the gazebo, they would be absolutely giant.
Maybe you could actually move your lady onto the bridge or the gazebo
and do a very simple test run to check the scale.  Basically, I think
she needs to be a bit bigger, but she's YOUR lady...

Second, you've done a marvelous job with adding randomness and variation
to the landscape.  I really like the subtle balancing rocks in the
distance.  However, the "man-made" objects like the picnic kit seem to
be very plastic.  Maybe you could add some texturing to them (spots on
the banana and apple).  I think the gazebo and bridge could do with some
signs of weathering, too.  That would increase the illusion of realism.

Hope this helps.

- Ben