POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Garden for My Lady : Re: A Garden for My Lady Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Garden for My Lady
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 25 Feb 2002 06:46:48
Message: <3C7A242E.B5D7D6E5@scifi-fantasy.com>
Tom Melly wrote:
> I dunno - I think the mixing of styles throws it. A formal garden
> or park seems called for, rather than this rather wild terrain...

I still think it's a very Pre-raphaelite image, it just needs some
minor tweaking.  My impressions of the large butterflies is that
they're supposed to be that way.

The bridge is too vibrant, and the gazebo too well-defined, but
look at the arc created by the butterflies-bird-wolf, then the
line of girl/bridge/gazebo/distant mountain...the arc draws the
viewer through the painting.  So the wolf is nice.  Only problem
is the overall scene is significantly more saturated than the
girl.  I DO like the sudden bright blue of the foremost butterfly,
perhaps drop the saturation of the rest of the image.  And put in
some specific little items that you really have to be looking at
to see, but have high detail.  Add more to the background.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com