POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PIP: deformation of tesselation [about 50Kbu] : Re: PIP: deformation of tesselation [about 50Kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIP: deformation of tesselation [about 50Kbu]
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 25 Feb 2002 02:25:27
Message: <3C79E711.AFC8D57B@atosorigin.com>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I may be a bit late on this one, but all I wanted is to ask for your
> resources (PDF-Files, Books, HTML-Pages) because I had wanted
> to do some tesselation algorithms of my own (I'm THAT kind a
> guy). I haven't found much, but since you were pretty successful,
> I thought I'd just ask...

Main resources was Warp's tesselation patch, but I did not kept the URL.

2 Marching cube approaches are due to:
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/modelling/polygonise/
which provides two alternatives tables for the triangles in cube and ideas
for the code.

Beware: the intersection method and the inside method do not work always
        reliably together, so beware of implied coherency in your algo.

Oh, and the most documentation part comes from 3.1 source code,
 especially mesh.h, parse.c and mesh.c

--
Non Sine Numine
http://grimbert.cjb.net/