POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Garden for My Lady : Re: A Garden for My Lady Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Garden for My Lady
From: Dearmad
Date: 24 Feb 2002 18:35:45
Message: <3C797A6B.33C40108@applesnake.net>
the size problems can be greatly alleviated by exaggerating the
atmosphere between the viewer and the distance.

the colors are a little confusing.  With the strength of the
butterflies I would tone down the bridge significantly.  It
attracts too much attention.  If I were doing the image, I would
have significant atmosphere beginning to be noticeable just after
the woman.  I would fake alot of it by graying my colors from her
on into the distance more and more.

There is too much detail in the far horizon.

Lose the bird.

The scales of objects don't seem to match.  This is easily
solveable- it's raytraced, right?  Check your scales match.  If
you are using forced perspective (which I have done before) and
faking the apparent distance, check you sightlines, or figure out
the ratio of scales by the tilt of your plane and do the math.

The grass is very well done.

It is a potentially gorgeous image with a voice begging to sing,
IMO, so stick with it until you've finished.  Don't give up.
--
Current obsession: "Ballet pour ma fille."
http://www.applesnake.net