POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Garden for My Lady : Re: A Garden for My Lady Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Garden for My Lady
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Feb 2002 12:44:12
Message: <3C79266B.5692660B@gmx.de>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> [...]
>
> I think there may be a problem with how others see the image in comparison to how I
see the colour - I have yet to properly
> calibrate my monitor and get the gamma right.
>
> I think that's due to the grass hiding the shadows

I don't think it has much to do with the gamma, brightness seems correct.
The grass being without shadows might explain a lot.  Usually grass is
much darker at the lower parts where less light reaches.  Without shadows
you won't get this effect.

> > How are the trees made, it's a bit difficult to see at that distance.
>
> They are meshes and triangles. Made in X-Frog. Everything else apart from the Poser
figures waas modelled in Rhino.

The terrain too?

I wonder how detailed the trees are, i'm still searching for an efficient
method to generate coniferous trees.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,