POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : atmospheric perspective : atmospheric perspective Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  atmospheric perspective
From: Abe
Date: 22 Feb 2002 16:30:28
Message: <3C76B84F.A198C978@taconic.net>
Here's the result of some experimenting with atmospheric perspective in
POV. I've found this phenomenon to be one of the key elements in
"natural" or "out door" CG scenes which are particularly striking.
Terragen does a particularly good job of it.

However,rendering atmospheric perspective with any degree of control in
POV, has always been a challange to me beyond the basic ground fog(with
its characteristic bright horizon) or blue scattering media.

Anyone have any particular solutions they'd like to share?

Abe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'atm_perspec2.jpg' (16 KB)