POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Grey Knight
Date: 21 Feb 2002 06:02:14
Message: <3C74D3AA.9C11D7A@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Micha Riser wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am experimenting with new antialiasing methods for povray. Now I am
> looking for scenes where the current methods do a poor job or need too many
> samples/pixels to produce a nice result. If you have such a scene which is
> not too large (<100kB) and does not take hours to render please send it to
> me (mri### [at] gmxnet) or post it to p.*.sf. I will then test if my new
> implementations do better than the old ones.
>
> - Micha

This is an old scene of mine which I just happened to have handy.
Antialiasing makes a mess of my starfield, so the final image was
rendered without AA, which in turn made the stars wipe out the rings on
one of the planets! Grr...

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'omiya reef.zip' (5 KB)