POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu] : Re: PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu]
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 20 Feb 2002 21:31:13
Message: <3C745C3B.13F5BDF5@engineer.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> However, you are aware of the patent on the marching cubes algorithm,
> aren't you?

I'll be happy to set up a distribution point for the illegal part of
this patch here in Finland where silly software patents are worth nothing.
It'll be perfectly legal to host it here. I'll have to check with some
law experts first though but it worked for some patented mp3 audio encoder.
The naughty bits were hosted here :)

Kari Kivisalo