POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : how to test my povray? : Re: how to test my povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to test my povray?
From: Syed Imran
Date: 20 Feb 2002 16:44:57
Message: <3C7418D8.CBEA1FDF@massey.ac.nz>
Hello there,

    Where did you get the rpm from? And how did the rpm extract itself into a
folder ?? you mean you just double/single clicked on the rpm package in
konqueror and it showed you a list of files ??

Just fire up a Konsole and do:
rpm -Uvh --force /path-topovray-rpm/povray.rpm

That should finish the installation and you can enjoy using Pov right away :-)
Oh, another thing... what version of povray is it? If it is 3.1 the command to
invoke pov would be: x-povray
and if it is 3.5betaxx (which I highly doubt) the command would be: povray

Regards,
Imran