POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : how to test my povray? : Re: how to test my povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to test my povray?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Feb 2002 13:53:52
Message: <3C73F0C1.9FA08DF6@gmx.de>
Dean MacIsaac wrote:

> I seem to be in the same boat!!!   I DL'd povray rpm, and it actually
> uncompressed into a folder rather nicely.  Now I click install, and nothing
> happens.  Do I need to install from the Konsole?  with extra typed commands?
> I really want to use it, but hell I can't even get it to install.

Like Thorsten mentioned in p.newusers you should ask the one supplying the
rpm for any problems concerning it.

The official version comes as a .tgz and includes installation script as
well as installation instructions.

ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,